El rayo de Luna (The Moonbeam): Primera parte




  page 05

Creía que en el fondo de las ondas del río, entre los musgos de la fuente y sobre los vapores del lago, vivían unas mujeres misteriosas, hadas, sílfides u ondinas, que exhalaban lamentos y suspiros, o cantaban y se reían en el monótono rumor del agua, rumor que oía en silencio intentando traducirlo.
En las nubes, en el aire, en el fondo de los bosques, en las grietas de las peñas, imaginaba percibir formas o escuchar sonidos misteriosos, formas de seres sobrenaturales, palabras ininteligibles que no podía comprender.

He believed that there were mysterious women living in the waves of the river between the moss of the spring and above the mist of the lake, fairies, sylphs and mermaids, who exhaled wails and sighs or sang and laughed within in the monotone rush of the waters, a rush that can be heard during silence if only one tried to understand it.
He imagined to perceive shapes of miraculous creatures or mysterious sounds of unknowable words he could not understand in the clouds, in the air, in the deep woods, in the crevices.

vocabulary
el musgo = moss
exhalar = to exhale
el monótono rumor del agua = monotone rush of the water
la grieta = rift
imaginar = to imagine
ininteligible = unintelligible, unknowable






contact privacy statement imprint