El rayo de Luna (The Moonbeam): Sexta parte




  page 39

-Tú eres joven, tú eres hermoso -le decía aquélla;- ¿por qué te consumes en la soledad? ¿Por qué no buscas una mujer a quien ames, y que amándote pueda hacerte feliz?
-¡El amor!... El amor es un rayo de luna -murmuraba el joven.
-¿Por qué no despertáis de ese letargo? -le decía uno de sus escuderos;- os vestís de hierro de pies a cabeza, mandáis desplegar al aire vuestro pendón de ricohombre, y marchamos a la guerra: en la guerra se encuentra la gloria.

-¡La gloria!... La gloria es un rayo de luna.
-¿Queréis que os diga una cantiga, la última que ha compuesto mosén Arnaldo, el trovador provenzal?

"You are young, you are beautiful", they told him, "why do you pine in solitude? Why don't you find yourself a wife that you love and who loves you and who can make you happy?"
"Love! ... Love is a moonbeam", murmured the young man.
"Why don't you wake from this lethargy?", said one of his squires to him, "you dress from head to two in iron, order to let the creast of the 'richman' wave in the air and let us go to war: In war you find glory."

"Glory? ... Glory is a moonbeam."
"Do you wish that I tell you a song, the last one that Reverend Arnoldo, the provincial minstrel had written?"

vocabulary
consumir = to pine
el mosén = priest, Reverend





contact privacy statement imprint