page 2
El crepúsculo comenzaba a extender sus ligeras alas de vapor sobre las pintorescas orillas del Segre, cuando después de una fatigosa jornada llegamos a Bellver, término de nuestro viaje.
Bellver es una pequeña población situada a la falda de una colina, por detrás de la cual se ven elevarse, como las gradas de un colosal anfiteatro de granito, las empinadas y nebulosas crestas de los Pirineos.
Los blancos caseríos que la rodean, salpicados aquí y allá sobre una ondulante sábana de verdura, parecen a lo lejos un bando de palomas que han abatido su vuelo para apagar su sed en las aguas de la ribera.
The twilight began to extend his light wings of steam on the picturesque shores of the Segre, when after a tiring day we come to Bellver, term of our trip.
Bellver is a small population placed to the skirt of a hill, behind which it is seen to rise, as the bleachers of a colossal amphitheatre of granite, the steep and cloudy combs of the Pyrenees. The white hamlets that surround it, splashed here and there on an undulating sheet of vegetable, look like in the far distance an edict of pigeons that have knocked down his flight to extinguish his thirst in the waters of the bank.

vocabulary  
el crepúsculo = twilight
el término = aim
la falda = mountainside
elevarse = to erect
empinado = steep
la cresta= ridge of a mountain
el caserío = hamlet
salpicado = to be speckled
el bando = flock (of birds)
abatir = here: to interrupt
la ribera
= shore





contact privacy statement imprint