La cruz del diablo (Devil's Cross)




 page 51

La nueva se divulgó con la rapidez del pensamiento entre la multitud, que aguardaba impaciente el resultado del juicio; y fue tal alarma, la revuelta y la vocería, que ya a nadie cupo duda sobre lo que de pública voz se aseguraba, esto es, que el diablo, a la muerte del señor del Segre, había heredado los feudos de Bellver.

Al fin se apaciguó el tumulto, y decidiose volver a un calabozo la maravillosa armadura.
Ya en él, despacháronse cuatro emisarios, que en representación de la atribulada villa hiciesen presente el caso al conde de Urgel y al arzobispo, los que no tardaron muchos días en tornar con la resolución de estos personajes, resolución que, como suele decirse, era breve y compendillosa.

The piece of news leaked out with the rapidity of the thought between the multitude, for which it was waiting exasperate the result of the judgment; and it was such an alarm, the riot and the yelling, which already to nobody was doubt on what of public voice he was making sure, this is, that the devil, to the death of the master of the Segre, had inherited the fiefs of Bellver.
To the end the tumult calmed down, and it was decided to return to a cell the wonderful armor.
Already in him, there served themselves four emissaries, who in representation of anxious were making town present the case to the count of Urgel and to the archbishop, which were not late many days in returning with the resolution of these personages, resolution that, since it usually said, was brief and compendillosa.


vocabulary  


divulgar = to spread
aguardar = to await
la revuelta = riot
la vocería = clamour
heredar = to inherit
apaciguar = to calm
el calabozo = dungeon
despachar = to order away
el emisorio = messenger
atribulado = fearful
el arzobispo = archbishop
compendilloso = succinct






contact privacy statement imprint