Miguel de Unamuno, Mi religión (Note! The text is very difficult, do not give up too easily!)

The files are very big as you can see from the red figures below. It takes a while loading them even with a very good internet connection. So, please be patient. The second time you want to listen to them, they will already be in your cache and it will take less time to load them.

Number Size Miguel de Unamuno, Mi religión
01
772KB
first part ...
02
571KB
second part ...
03
971KB
third part ...
    End


Miguel de Unamuno (1864-1936)  
Miguel de Unamuno (1864-1936) is one of the most important and influencial Spanish intelectuals of the 20th century. He was born in Bilboa, that means he is a Baque. He studied in Madrid and concludes his study with a doctoral thesis about Basques (Crítica del problema sobre el origen y prehistoria de la raza vasca). After a short stay in his hometowm Bilbao and his wedding, he becomes a professor for Greek and Spanish at the University of Salamanca in 1891. From 1901 to 1914 and from 1934 until his death in 1936 he was decan of this university. In 1914 he loses his position, because of a statement in favour of the allies. Six years later he was exiled to Fuerteventura because of critical statements about Alfons XIII. In 1931 the political situation has changed. Spain is republic. Unamuno, after a short stay in Paris, returns to Salamanca, where he becomes again decan of the university.


Description 

The one, who is able to understand this text hearing the first time, does not belong to be on this page. Either his (or her) mother tongue is Spanish or he (or she) speaks Spanish like a mother tongue. In other words, the text is really hard to understand. For one point it is spoken very fast, which is quite typical for the Spanish of the peninsular. Another point is, that the text is difficult due to the content and the vocabulary.

That means, if you don't understand too much on the first try, don't mind too much. It is not meant to be understood the first time. You'll have to listen to it a couple of times, to understand and also probably read it a couple of times.

read by: Miguel Lopez








contact privacy statement imprint