Guapeza valenciana




 page 25


Estaba ya en la subida de la Morera, cuando sonó un disparo y el valentón sintió el golpe en la espalda, al mismo tiempo que se nublaba su vista y le zumbaban los oídos.
¡Cristo! Eran ellos que acababan de herirle. Y llevándose la mano al cinto tiró de su pistola del quince; pero antes que volviera la cara sonó otro disparo y Pepet cayó redondo.

Corría la gente, cerrábanse las puertas con estrépito, sonaban pitos y más pitos al extremo de la calle, sin que por esto se viese un quepis por parte alguna, y aprovechándose del pánico abandonaron los Bandullos la protectora esquina, avanzando cuchillo en mano hacia el inerte cuerpo, al que removieron de una patada como si fuese un talego de ropa. Ben mort está.* Y para convencerse más, se inclinó uno de ellos sobre la cabeza del muerto, guardándose algo en el bolsillo.

It was already in the increase of the Mulberry, when a shot sounded and the bully felt the blow in the back, at the same time that his sight was clouding over and the ears were ragging him.
Christ! They were they that were finishing of hurting him. And taking the hand to the belt it pulled his gun of fifteen; but before volviera the face sounded another shot and Pepet fell down roundly.

The people were running, the doors were closing with tumult, whistles and more whistles were sounding to the end of the street, without by this a quepis was seen on some part, and taking advantage of the panic they left the Bandullos protector forms a corner, advancing knife in hand towards the inert body, to which they removed of a kick as if it was a long sack of clothes. Ben mort está.* And to become convinced more, inclined one of them on the head of the dead person, keeping a little in the pocket.

vocabulary
nublar = to obscure
zumbar = to drone
caer redondo = to fall down unconciously
el estrépito = crash
el quepis = cap (police man)
el talego = bag
Ben mort está.*(Bien muerto está) = Good, he is dead.






contact privacy statement imprint